Monday, February 20, 2006

Good soup

I spent Saturday evening at an open mic event. It is held by a therapist friend who shares a building with a coffee shop. The coffee shop is known for its soups, so I tried the Italian coconut and shrimp soup. Holy cow! I really didn't know what I was in for, being a bachelor, living on my own weak attempts at potato soup; but this stuff was so good, I didn't feel worthy! It probably helped that it had been below 10 degrees for the past two days, but I took my time with this soup. I got to know it. Almost wanted to turn the entree back in and get more soup! If you want to know where this was, email me, and I'll tell you. Otherwise, I gotta keep this a secret! More soup for me!

Oh, I should also mention that I met someone there who had busted her arm just below the wrist 2 months ago. She was in need of some massage, since the bones had healed, but the swelling was still present in the hand. So I showed her where to start. Her shoulder was very tense from being in a sling too long. Then we got the bicep warmed up. She was ecstatic. I did all the massage between the heart and the fracture, and left the hand alone, since it was still swollen. If hospitals only knew how many people they would help with massage, I'm sure they'd get on board. But I say screw 'em. The people will find me, and that's what counts. Massage is for the masses, not only those who can afford 'health care.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home