Friday, May 19, 2006

Insurance

I feel safer today. I just got an email from USA Cycling, telling about their new insurance program that fills a big gap for cyclists. You see, cycling is an inherently dangerous sport, blah blah blah...well, I've found out the hard way a few times. My lumpy collarbones are my trophies, and I am wiser because of such incidents, but I'd rather not have to worry about hospital bills when healing from a bicycle crash. So it didn't take me more than a few seconds to decide to sign up for the latest insurance deal. It is a product that covers those huge deductibles that many health insurance products come with these days. $25 a month for singles, and just a little more for family coverage. When you realize that it could end up paying for a $5000 deductible on USAC's accident insurance for racers with no primary health insurance, you see the value. I'll be a lot more confident sticking my handlebars in between others during Keirin battles knowing that if the worst case scenario puts me in a hospital, I will at least be able to ask for care without worrying how much it costs first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home