Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Common Man

Listening to Dan Cole today on KFAN, my mind wandered back to the days I called in occassionally as Amateur Cycling Guy, and tried keeping up with his witty banter. Those were the early days of the Commonwealth, and I must have been a little bored. But I still get a kick out of his 'progrum,' and hope to catch another classic 'meltdown.' I have never taken it to the extreme of hanging out with the commonwealth in person, although I guess some have made a pretty good gig out of it. I have thirteen or fourteen good memories of live, on-air classic lines from the progrum. I remeber when Hunting Gal told Dan she was only wearing a watch, and after a couple seconds of dead air he asked her what time it was. His 'Sports, sports, sports!' meltdown still ranks high, as do the high-energy reports by the Secretary of Insight.

He doesn't always bring his 'A game,' but if you listen long enough, you will become one of the '3 out of 10.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home