Saturday, December 23, 2006

I have a dream

A prospective client stopped me as a worked my way through the grocery checkout the other day. As I could only recognize the face, not the name, Jen reminded me that we had met at a craft fair where I was giving chair massages. She had planned on calling me back to have me work on her wedding party. I remember thinking that would be a nice thing to do for those who were getting dressed to the nines for her. But, as she continued to explain, my hope for civilization began to fade. She said the pastor would not allow chair massage in the church; I guess she couldn't work out the logistics to set me up in someone's home. I guess this pastor had never heard of Sister Rosalind, and although I wasn't surprised, I was sad, because there are still too many people out there who are living in the dark about massage.

The latest news out of Iowa City is that a high school has banned hugging. Apparently, group hugging was so prevalent that hallways were being jammed. How do we take this? Too much of a good thing? I think if I were a student there, it would be fun to break the rule on a constant basis. I mean really. Who's going to enforce this? I'm sure there's no chair massage in that place!

So as long as you have the right to arms, people, you must exercise them! Hugs and massage are not tools of the devil. Preserve your rights, and stand up against those who choose to embrace a colder, lonelier planet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home