Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Massage Chairs

Ok, I'll admit it. I had to try it. Although I don't believe anything will be invented that will outperform a human touch, these chairs that 'massage' are getting pretty sophisticated. I was waiting for a flight in San Diego this past week, and after doing the marina tour (5 boats for $12!) I had time to run through an open-air mall. Seeing nothing of interest at the movie theater, I found a Brookstone store, and two empty massage recliners. If you haven't done this (who hasn't) it is a good way to kill time. I hit the place at 3pm on a Monday afternoon, so I had my pick of the $2000 Panasonic or the $4300 Panasonic. Fifteen minutes in the cheapo model was good, but a little scary. If the salesmen wasn't there to reassure me, I might have jumped out when the leg attachment started trying to pop my calves from the sides. The back action was fairly adjustable for size, pressure, and speed. Not bad for $2000. I started to picture that in the living room, wondering what the motor warranty was. But then I jumped into the $4300 version, and didn't look back. I was impressed with the adjustability and comfort for another fifteen minutes. One could use preset programs or dial in the exact style and patterns, and save programs for 3 different people. Personally, I'd never buy one, but I could see someone with some disposable income and no massage therapist nearby getting hooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home