Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Cycling and Yoga

2007 has brought two new groups of clients to my business, and I'm very pleased to say they are two very enthusiastic groups, open to seeing how massage can enhance their fitness. The first group is Little Guy Racing, a cycling club based in Minneapolis. Being a small, cohesive unit, this club didn't have to wait too long before I signed on as a sponsor/member. Several teammates have been receiving massage since late last year, and plan on increasing the frequency as racing season approaches. I am glad to be part of this group.

The other group is a fairly new venture in Lindstrom named Bella Women's Wellness. It is the vision of Rebecca Hanson, a yoga instructor dedicated to bringing the best of many alternatives together in one center. I will be offering massage there beginning in March.

I should have weblinks to these two new ventures soon.

1 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cycling / yoga / breathing connection has been something I have been exploring lately. Long ago I met this coach named Ian Jackson and he is still out there promoting his "BreathPlay" approach. Check out his site: http://www.breathplay.com/

The "Switch Sides" breathing technique is really good for cycling. It's pretty much the same emphasis-on-exhaling approach as some yoga stuff I've experienced, but the odd numbered rhythms are where it gets interesting.

-- Nick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home